Live Chat

Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.

Re: Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

Postby RedDeadDorito » Wed May 25, 2016 12:05 am

I'll, uh, continue this mod :D. I am familiar with Unity and have just stumbled upon this project. I just started to play Receiver again as well and I really like the realism of the weapons. I see much potential in not only this mod, but the whole game itself. I'm currently downloading the source code to see exactly what I'm working with.

I can see this game being an awesome realistic FPS of some sort. I imagine a full-scale modification, which would include: full-body models, an arsenal of new weapons, redone textures, better gun textures, a netcode for multiplayer matches, improved weapon aiming, improved ballistics (assuming this isn't already done), a full story of some sort, more streamlined controls to make it more friendly to play as an Action/Adventure FPS (Of course I would still try to keep gun mechanics as realistic/true to vanilla as possible, that's part of why it's so darn fun!), better optimization, multi-platform support, blood and gore (because we all know we love a bit of violence), improved physics, and much else. This is just a start.

I'll work on setting up any weapons that are not finished yet and keep you guys posted. Let me know what you guys think. Not even sure if that many people even play this, but I suppose this could be a fun side project given my experience with Unity.

RDD out.
RedDeadDorito

Postby lolbucket » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:26 pm

:!: I downloaded this mod but I need some help it is only going to update 5 with the TT-33 but I would like to know how to get update 9 :!:
lolbucket

Postby cujemi55 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:57 pm

hey I know this was discontinued, but Ive been having trouble getting this to work. I was hoping you could give me the specific files to put these updates into?
cujemi55

Postby Volpe77 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:08 pm

RedDeadDorito wrote:I'll, uh, continue this mod :D. I am familiar with Unity and have just stumbled upon this project. I just started to play Receiver again as well and I really like the realism of the weapons. I see much potential in not only this mod, but the whole game itself. I'm currently downloading the source code to see exactly what I'm working with.

I can see this game being an awesome realistic FPS of some sort. I imagine a full-scale modification, which would include: full-body models, an arsenal of new weapons, redone textures, better gun textures, a netcode for multiplayer matches, improved weapon aiming, improved ballistics (assuming this isn't already done), a full story of some sort, more streamlined controls to make it more friendly to play as an Action/Adventure FPS (Of course I would still try to keep gun mechanics as realistic/true to vanilla as possible, that's part of why it's so darn fun!), better optimization, multi-platform support, blood and gore (because we all know we love a bit of violence), improved physics, and much else. This is just a start.

I'll work on setting up any weapons that are not finished yet and keep you guys posted. Let me know what you guys think. Not even sure if that many people even play this, but I suppose this could be a fun side project given my experience with Unity.

RDD out.

I've been following this mod since the first few updates and it was a real disappointment when the creator decided to discontinue the project, although i perfectly respected his decision. I'm hoping you will find the time and motivation to continue where he left off, honestly just having more weapons would be great. I'm glad you seem so enthusiastic to do this, i'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the few people who still play this fantastic game :D. Thank you for keeping the dream real!
Volpe77

Postby Remiv » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:48 pm

RedDeadDorito wrote:I'll, uh, continue this mod :D. I am familiar with Unity and have just stumbled upon this project. I just started to play Receiver again as well and I really like the realism of the weapons. I see much potential in not only this mod, but the whole game itself. I'm currently downloading the source code to see exactly what I'm working with.

RDD out.

Hey man, made any progress with the mod? Ive been using the M712 and its incomplete nature has been bugging me, it is lackingt full auto mode and the barrel isnt milled.
Remiv

Postby TacticalGayBoi » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:37 pm

So I can't quite figure out how to install this mod, if you could clear it up that would be great
TacticalGayBoi

Postby Silverfish » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:50 am

TacticalGayBoi: check at the bottom of the first post for installation instructions. If you're having some specific issue when following the instructions, hopefully I can help figure it out.
Silverfish

Postby someonethatdied » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:15 pm

Ay dude that is re-continuing the mod, I have a few weapon suggestion for you.

-FN P90 PDW
-SCAR L
-Kriss Vector
-Some snipers

i will love you
someonethatdied

Postby Peripheral » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:55 pm

I was starting to pick up where this mod left off and was wondering if I should have updated Reciver to Unity 2017. I'm not sure if that would make my continuation of the mod not work for owners of the game. Should I stop working and restart in Unity 4?
Peripheral

Postby someonethatdied » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:22 pm

Someone is already revamping it on the newer Unity, I think you should just continue the mod with the original engine
someonethatdied

Previous

Return to Receiver